SF State Silver Lining Lecture Series: Aging, Health and Wellness in San Francisco
- Apply gerontology workforce competency to promote healthy aging and long-term care.
- Demonstrate at least two ways to think about the age and disability friendly movement.
- Prepare advanced directives for coping with palliative care and quality of life including at end-of-life.
- Tom Berry, MA, Regional Director of Operations, Sunrise Senior Living
- Valerie Coleman, MURP, Program Analyst, SF Department of Aging & Adult Services
- Gwen Harris, MA, Geriatric Care Manager, Palliative Care Program, Seniors at Home
- Scott Wiener, JD, Member of the California State Senate from the 11th district
- Darlene Yee-Melichar, EdD, Professor/Coordinator of Gerontology, SF State University
J.P. Leonard Library, Special Events Room 121
Prospective Student News
The Gerontology Program Admissions Committee will begin to review completed applications as of November 1, 2018 for the Spring 2019 admissions cycle. Applicants must submit all application materials by the December 15, 2018, deadline. After December 15, only evaluators will be able to upload letters of reference. Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis until available seats are filled.
If you have been having issues with your online application, check out these application tips. Graduate Studies at SF State provides support to applicants having questions about and technical issues with CalState Apply. See below for more information on their workshops.
Prospective Student Informational Sessions
The Gerontology Program at SF State will host Prospective Student Informational Sessions both online in a webinar and face to face at SF State's Main Campus at 1600 Holloway Avenue, Library 221. Contact the Program at email@example.com with any questions.
Wednesday, September 12, 6-7 pm, in person
Wednesday, September 26, 6-7 pm, webinar; Find out how to join the online webinar
Wednesday, October 10, 6-7pm, in person
Struggling to Complete your CAL STATE APPLY Application?
Attend a workshop to learn about application shortcuts, document scanning and upload support, and hands-on troubleshooting. Workshop attendees will log-in to their CAL STATE APPLY applications and Graduate Studies staff will be available to guide you through any challenges. Please bring any items you need to be scanned into PDF format or need to upload with you. Personal laptops are recommended, but computers will be available.
Workshops will be held:
When? EVERY Monday through Friday, 9:30am-5:00pm
Where? SF State Main Campus, Division of Graduate Studies, Administration Building, Room 254, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132